Services are provided by licensed mental health professionals. Students, parents, teachers, and staff may consult with the counselor on a confidential basis. If a student is not feeling happy or successful at school, the counselor may be of help.
- Consulting with community members
- Individual counseling sessions with students upon referral
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance lessons at teacher request
When a child is referred for counseling services, the counselor will contact the parents/guardians before counseling sessions begin.
Meet the counselor to discuss any of the following:
- Friendships & Relationships
- Family changes
- Grief issues
- Safety concerns (for yourself or others)
- Shannon Porch
Phone: (505) 291-6837 ex: 36310
Our Counselor is available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the regular school day.
Matheson Park has the services of a half-time counselor and a part-time social worker to work with families and children to implement the APS district counseling curriculum.